LISTING OF OBJECTIVES FOR TEST: GUN ISSUES
GUN ISSUES: 2015
I can explain the
basic vocabulary surrounding the issue of gun control
2. I can develop a reasoned and well supported argument on the issue of background checks and other issues related to gun control
3. I can interpret public opinion polling on gun control issues
4. I can identify the major argument surrounding importance of 2nd Amendment
5. I can explain the position of each side on the issue of guns as a deterrent
6. I can explain the historical background to U.S. society and its relationship to guns
7. I can explain the trends in gun ownership in the U.S.
8. I can identify the major gun laws of Michigan
9. I can IDENTIFY the states that have the most and least gun violence
10. I will understand both sides of the issue: open carry in educational settings
11. I can identify the position of both sides of the argument of gun-related accidents and deaths
12. I can explain the basic pros and cons of gun restrictions legislation/laws
13. I can explain the role of the National Rifle Association N.R.A. in national debate on gun legislation and how they represent the influence of lobbyist groups on national politics and policy
14. I can identify the key differences between gun rights in other developed nations and the U.S.
15. I can identify the key differences between gun violence in other developed nations and the U.S.
16. I can identify the major “common sense” gun restrictions that offered by critics of the current system and body of laws