MONDAY, OCT. 5, 2015
UNIT: CLIMATE CHANGE
TOPIC: COST OF CLIMATE CHANGE
- I can explain the pros and cons of aggressively confronting climate change
EVIDENCE OF LEARNING:
Students will be able to engage in prolong debate give and take on the issue of tackling climate change, providing accurate evidence and sound reasoning.
Speaking and Listening Standards
1. Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-
one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grades 11-12 topics,
texts, and issues, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and
- Debate and paper will now be due TOMORROW
- each presenter will open with a one-minute opening position
- secondly each side will be allowed to question the other side: it is required that each panelist will have at least two questions for the other side and should respond to their answers; hopefully you will be able to engage in refutations at this stage
- lastly side will compose a closing statement that will come from a shared Google document. You will have approximately 7-8 minutes to compose a statement that will be read by a panelist of the group's choice
With these considerations in mind, you have much to prepare for tomorrow.